The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:22 am 
First Team

Great to see a lively thread on the forum. I bet ex-Spain is looking forward to more fundraising work next season after the comments on this thread! My take on things:

The money was generated / collected by ex-Spain, Holly and others to benefit the club. The club wanted to spend it on the website, I’m OK with that. If you don’t like how the club spends the money then best not to donate.

Couldn’t the club fund the website itself? Well, yes. We’re talking about £246. Anything you spend £246 on could be funded by loose change rattling around in the directors’ Mercedes. I see it as money donated to the club and that’s how the club chose to spend it. In more normal times the money would have gone on player sponsorship, without complaint. Do you know what happens to that money? Me neither. This time we actually know where it’s gone!

Hang on, shouldn’t we have a new website / merchandise / water / an Indian wedding by now? Probably yes, but I don’t think that has much to do with how the donation has been spent. It’s my opinion that we have directors and club officers who do a tremendous job of keeping the club functioning and a less job tremendous in other areas. Some of what fans want is difficult and expensive. Some of it is not. Keeping fans regularly informed of efforts is cheap but alas will, for reasons unknown, seemingly never happen.

Post subject: official site
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:26 am 
Delroy (Legend)

ex spain wrote:
Had a message from Andy saying the Official Web Site needed an upgrade(!) and would I like to donate the money that had been raised from Donations and sales. I had £246 which I have indeed donated towards the cost of the £750 it is going to cost. I have no idea what happened about the upgrade to the Site that Dev said was “ready to go” at the last Fan’s Meeting. It seem’s an awful lot of things that were talked about then have...........not happened. Obviously the Pandemic is the problem for many things not happening, just hope when we are out of it, things will start moving on. The Club have said they will acknowledge the Donation that has been made and I again would like to thank everyone that either gave some of their 50/50 winnings to the Fund, Holly for donating the last Scratch Card money and the folks who bought Scarves and Badges.
Let’s all hope the new Season starts soon and that we are as competitive as the last one!

Morning All, Hope you and your families are all well. This message was posted in June last year Is there a link yet for the new site.
Cheers and stay safe x

Post subject: Re: official site
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:09 pm 
First Team

unit wrote:
ex spain wrote:
Had a message from Andy saying the Official Web Site needed an upgrade(!) and would I like to donate the money that had been raised from Donations and sales. I had £246 which I have indeed donated towards the cost of the £750 it is going to cost. I have no idea what happened about the upgrade to the Site that Dev said was “ready to go” at the last Fan’s Meeting. It seem’s an awful lot of things that were talked about then have...........not happened. Obviously the Pandemic is the problem for many things not happening, just hope when we are out of it, things will start moving on. The Club have said they will acknowledge the Donation that has been made and I again would like to thank everyone that either gave some of their 50/50 winnings to the Fund, Holly for donating the last Scratch Card money and the folks who bought Scarves and Badges.
Let’s all hope the new Season starts soon and that we are as competitive as the last one!

Morning All, Hope you and your families are all well. This message was posted in June last year Is there a link yet for the new site.
Cheers and stay safe x

The updated website is currently with me for checking and is expected to go live soon, the delay in the main is because updating is done via a different platform that I am still learning how to use, until I am happy that I am proficient in it's use then I will not give the go ahead to launch it.

You will not need a link other than http://www.hyufc.com

Kev