The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:39 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:21 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Hayes & Yeading United celebrate grant awards

Football in Hayes received a further boost today as Hayes & Yeading United FC were awarded a further grant by the Premier League, The FA and Government’s Football Foundation.

The £500 grant from the Foundation’s Club Preparation Fund will help Hayes & Yeading United FC to prepare their buildings to safely reopen in line with Government guidance around hygiene and social distancing, and The FA’s plans for a ‘phased return’ that were announced on 18 July.

The Club Preparation Fund follows the £7m of investment awarded to 2,900 organisations through last month’s Pitch Preparation Fund, also delivered by the Premier League, The FA and Government’s Football Foundation. This is enabling over 9,000 football pitches to be made match-fit, and is benefiting over 33,000 football teams.

Speaking about their funding success, Derrick Matthews, General Manager said: “We are of course very excited about the potential of a phased return to football after a tough few months for clubs at our level, but there are a great deal of preparations and investment that need to be made in order to safely get football back on and fans back to the games. This grant will be a massive help in enabling us to achieve that.”

The Club Preparation Fund grant award comes just weeks after the club were awarded a grant by the same body from The Pitch Preparation Fund to help the club to prepare their football pitches.

The Football Foundation is a charity funded by the Premier League, The FA and the Government, through Sport England.

(01/08/2020)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:23 pm 
First Team

£500? That is the news today............. Come back next week for more exciting news ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:30 pm 
First Team

It's a strange one for sure.

£500 is £500 and not to be sniffed at, but "This grant will be a massive help in enabling us to achieve that [get football back]" seems somewhat gushing. Maybe a prerequisite of getting a grant is agreeing to issue a glowing statement on its receipt.

Anyway, no more can it be said "There are no grants because of COVID". With luck we'll have water in the main stand and more covering around the ground before the sun runs out of hydrogen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:28 am 
Delroy (Legend)

The club should be grateful for any contribution that it receives, including the £500 from the Foundation’s Club Preparation Fund.

However, in a separate thread, it is claimed that a club official referred to Covid-19 being a reason for the delay in the allocation of grants - this would suggest that the club was reliant upon any such award.

Now I hope I'm not going to be viewed as ungrateful or pessimistic but if the club was really waiting for half-a-grand before pulling its finger out then it doesn't sound good. This 'windfall' is just a tad over double what it demanded from Ex Spain almost 2 months ago for the new, fantastic website and is an amount of money that should be easily available elsewhere.

It would be nice if someone from the club provided a response to the various issues that have been raised by its supporters on this forum but (like the new, fantastic website) I doubt that this will ever materialise.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:42 pm 
First Team

I could be wrong but I think the reliance on grants previously mentioned was with respect to the larger structural improvements. Water, bar, tea hut, covered areas, home fans' jacuzzi, some or all of those.

The grants to help with re-opening the ground clearly help with getting things going again but I don't think there's been an indication that the club needed them in order to get the ground up and running for the new season.

Just my interpretation, reading between the lines and there aren't many lines to read between.

:footy2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:17 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Think this is the correct link to the football foundation https://footballfoundation.org.uk/grant ... ation-fund.
scroll down a bit and it outlines what the clubs are allowed to spend the grant on . Be of interest which ones are implemented