The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:17 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:58 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

SUPPORTERS’ CLUB

Staines Town Football Club Supporters’ Club 2015 was established in January 2015 as a non- profit organisation with the primary objectives of: –

To support and benefit the Football Club & local Community through fund raising
By being the democratic & representative voice of the supporters of the Football Club
To strengthen the bonds between the Club and the supporters
To help support the future of the Football club
By being a positive, inclusive and representative organisation, open and accessible to ALL supporters of the Club.
We welcome all supporters to join the supporters club and help support your local football club. We meet regularly with club officials to discuss the issues that matter most to you. When we take a matter to the club we would like to think that this comes from the majority of Swans supporters and the only way to make us even more representable is by having as many Swans fans as possible joining the Supporters Club. Our intention is to operate democratically, fairly, sustainably, transparently and with financial responsibility and encouraging the Club to do the same.

MEMBERSHIP…

Priced at £20.00/adult & £10.00/Concession (OPA, Student & U17) for the year. Cash/Cheque accepted.

We also accept payment via paypal, this can be requested via our supporters club email, supporters@stainestownfootballclub.co.uk

OUR AIM…

To provide a voice for the supporters of STFC.
To build a thriving and sustainable community of supporters.
To grow the membership of the Supporters Club year on year.
To publicise the successes of and benefits of being in the STFCSC.
To increase the opportunities for members and other supporters to provide feedback.
To drive change in club policy in relation to key issues raised by supporters.
To meet with senior club officials on a regular basis.
To carry out Club fund raising activities.
To play an active part in the local community.
To work with STFC at ALL levels for marketing, education and welfare
Come On You Swans![/vc_column_text][/vc_column]

RECENT NEWS

Pre-Season Plans
27th July 2020

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 11:34 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Do you want an official supporters club Martyn . Do you think it will be of benefit the Club.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:01 am 
Delroy (Legend)

Chairman Lee's Supporters' Club done so much for the Club & never really was appreciated back in the day.

Still very much missed by those who attended games at Church Road (also at Woking) & used the travel coaches to away games. Very much doubt we will ever see anything like it again.

Still got my last membership card too...No. 96.

:footy1 :mush3 :mush3 :mush3

'Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity'...

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:04 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

The idea of a Supporters Club is a great idea if the Club and the supporters have the same aim of taking the Club forward .

We had a meeting in August 2018 with management and were told that a new web site was nearly ready to go.

We were told that the water supply under the new stand was just weeks away.

That we would have new merchandise including scarves in our new colours of red and white.

Here we are two years later with the same issues STILL outstanding.

The club may have good intentions but unfortunately the structure of our club means that there are too fewer people trying to do all the work.

So until the structure of our club changes there is no point us having a supporters club as little will get done.

Also, why would the Chairman want to put himself in the awkward position of fans asking questions like ....

"Why has there been no ground improvements for over a year despite us having a healthy bank balance from our FA Cup run?"

"Why did the Chairman see fit to take the small amount of money that the supporters had made for the new website?"

" Just tell them there is no bar as I can't be arsed "

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:08 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Agree Missioner, a supporters club is a very good idea. And your other points are indeed valid. I believe (and in my own opinion) That the club are more accountable with a supporters club. If the club are looking for financial aid, at the moment they can approach the hard working volunteer fundraisers and ask them for funds ( recent website upgrade as an example ). With a supporters club a debate would be had by all, easily done online and a vote to decide if releasing funds is appropriate .
I assume one way around it and to be a bit more organised would be to get an "unofficial supporters club"

Anyway good luck. :uganda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:11 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

The idea of a supporters club is fine in principle but (given the disdain that the club have shown in the past) I cannot seeing it working at Hayes.

Sure, having a banner to congregate under might make the supporters stronger in theory; however, in reality we would still be lied to and taken for mugs. If questions were asked we would still be told to more-or-less 'f*** off'.

While one of the objectives of a supporters club should be to help the football club it is aligned to, I believe the board would view any such organisation as a cash cow to exploit as a preference to exploring other revenue streams.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:35 pm 
Youth Team

I think in principle this is a good idea if there is someone prepared to organise it.
However, I think we would need to see how many people are interested first- strength in numbers etc.
I would be up for joining!