The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:05 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:00 am 
Delroy (Legend)

Mr Reasonable wrote:
My question to HOG:

What is the highest break that you or one of your colleagues has achieved in the alleged game of 'pull over snooker'?

(For the uninitiated this is a game that traffic cops allegedly play whereby they, allegedly, stop a red vehicle (1 point) followed (preferably and allegedly) by a black vehicle (7 points) then do their best to repeat this 15 times. If pulling a black vehicle is not possible, other coloured vehicles are scored as follows: yellow - 2 points; green - 3 points; brown - 4 points; blue - 5 points and pink - 6 points; however, a red car must separate each other coloured vehicle on 15 occasions. Once 15 red vehicles and other coloured vehicles are stopped, the traffic cops then attempt to complete their break by pulling vehicles in the following order: yellow, green, brown, blue, pink and (once again) black).

The highest possible break is 147 points and I wonder how close a traffic cop has come to this.

This is one of the reasons why white and grey/silver vehicles are so popular.

Mr R. This has to be up there as one of the BEST POSTS on this forum... :clap2 :bow

'Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity'...

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:16 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Never played it myself.

Being a response team officer never had the time but it sounds like fun.

Most officers would not say a good word about a black rat. In the Met it was very much us and them uniform and CID. But we had one thing in common we didn’t like the rats. There were a few goods ones but most of them were tossers who would happily stab you in the back given the chance. It was a real bonus to them if they managed to stick an officer on a badge of honour.

On my driving course the instructor was an ex rat and what a cu*t he was. He boasted that his favourite sport was sticking on officers for speeding who were late for early turn. I had sit in a vehicle with this cu*t for three weeks being nice to him. The worst of all were the Garage Sergeants who turned up after a Polacc looking for any excuse to stick an officer on. They were worse than a member of staff looking for damage on returned hire vehicles. I had one once who tried to stitch me up with unreported damage to the van. The damage was so old it had gone rusty, what’s worse I had worked with him a couple of weeks before at Harlesden and he seemed ok, it only took a couple of weeks to change him into a cu*t.

I could only get my own back when they brought prisoners in to me The roles were reversed then, and was careful not to upset them too much. However ever working in Brent I had to endure the Rat Run as my journey took me past Alperton Garage the Rats nest, always careful going near there.

You can tell a Rat in his car because most of them have a car sticker in the rear windscreen with a Rat motif. Obviously it is being used a sign to other Rats that one of their own is driving like a cu*t and not to stop them.

There were also ones who were really decent blokes who could not do enough to help and advise you, but most were posers in their driving gloves looking to upset a motorist with a bonus point if they got a police officer. The only thing worse than a rat are county force officers who hated the met with a vengeance.

As I have said never had time to play this game but this is definitely a Traffpol sort of game, although I do admit when in a bad mood there is nothing like upsetting a motorist. Even better if they were an arseho*e there were plenty of those to be found in Brent to make my day and cheer me up.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:45 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Halfway Old Geezer wrote:
Never played it myself.

Being a response team officer never had the time but it sounds like fun.

Most officers would not say a good word about a black rat. In the Met it was very much us and them uniform and CID. But we had one thing in common we didn’t like the rats. There were a few goods ones but most of them were tossers who would happily stab you in the back given the chance. It was a real bonus to them if they managed to stick an officer on a badge of honour.

On my driving course the instructor was an ex rat and what a cu*t he was. He boasted that his favourite sport was sticking on officers for speeding who were late for early turn. I had sit in a vehicle with this cu*t for three weeks being nice to him. The worst of all were the Garage Sergeants who turned up after a Polacc looking for any excuse to stick an officer on. They were worse than a member of staff looking for damage on returned hire vehicles. I had one once who tried to stitch me up with unreported damage to the van. The damage was so old it had gone rusty, what’s worse I had worked with him a couple of weeks before at Harlesden and he seemed ok, it only took a couple of weeks to change him into a cu*t.

I could only get my own back when they brought prisoners in to me The roles were reversed then, and was careful not to upset them too much. However ever working in Brent I had to endure the Rat Run as my journey took me past Alperton Garage the Rats nest, always careful going near there.

You can tell a Rat in his car because most of them have a car sticker in the rear windscreen with a Rat motif. Obviously it is being used a sign to other Rats that one of their own is driving like a cu*t and not to stop them.

There were also ones who were really decent blokes who could not do enough to help and advise you, but most were posers in their driving gloves looking to upset a motorist with a bonus point if they got a police officer. The only thing worse than a rat are county force officers who hated the met with a vengeance.

As I have said never had time to play this game but this is definitely a Traffpol sort of game, although I do admit when in a bad mood there is nothing like upsetting a motorist. Even better if they were an arseho*e there were plenty of those to be found in Brent to make my day and cheer me up.

How enlightening :o .

There's me thinking the police force was one big happy family, who lived together in a big house and (prior to Covid) had massive group hugs each morning.

How wrong can someone be?