The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:09 pm 
First Team

Does anyone know if it's still on? The rain has been heavy today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:06 pm 
First Team

Match off, as per Hayes official Twitter feed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:10 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Thanks for the advice Mr H! :clap

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:35 pm 
First Team

Mr Heinstein wrote:

Thanks - I'm not one for twitter and all that B****x Ah well I suppose a look in at Bootlaces (aka Pub Punjabi) is in order.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:04 pm 
First Team

Re-arranged fixture now scheduled for 7.45pm, Tuesday November 3rd, lockdown permitting....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:57 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Called it on Thursday...if you read between the post!!

:footy1 :mush3 :mush3 :mush3

'Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity'...

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:13 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

This is from our Official Site.....
“Hayes & Yeading United's Buildbase FA Trophy tie at Uxbridge this afternoon has been postponed at around 2pm due to a waterlogged pitch, despite the best efforts of the hosts to get the game on.”

I saw ONE Person with a Fork..............and even worse.......got home to find a Speeding Ticket, not happy!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:16 pm 
Site Admin

Uxbridge's pitch is great. Until it gets heavily rained on. The far end is always an issue and with all the rain we had today, it wasn't a surprise at all to see it postponed.

As for your speeding ticket Mr Spain, tut tut. Hope you can go on a course for naughty boys and girls :whack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:20 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Eddy wrote:
Uxbridge's pitch is great. Until it gets heavily rained on. The far end is always an issue and with all the rain we had today, it wasn't a surprise at all to see it postponed.

As for your speeding ticket Mr Spain, tut tut. Hope you can go on a course for naughty boys and girls :whack

Hi stranger, hope you are well! I’m sure they will offer me one, 35 in a 30..........not sure yet to accept though. With everything going on in this Country at the moment and they pick on little old me for 5mph......

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 4:57 pm 
First Team

We have a speed camera in the village where I too got done for 35 in a 30. It’s between my doctors surgery and the pub where I turn off, a distance of a few hundred yards, a trip I frequently make.
Try as I may I’ve found it impossible to get up to 35mph in that distance before having to slow down again.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:43 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

the_president wrote:
Mr Heinstein wrote:

Thanks - I'm not one for twitter and all that B****x Ah well I suppose a look in at Bootlaces (aka Pub Punjabi) is in order.

That doesn't surprise me.

You're more one to post pictures that are around 20 times the size of the screen rendering them pointless to the receiver.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:13 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

ex spain wrote:
Eddy wrote:

Hi stranger, hope you are well! I’m sure they will offer me one, 35 in a 30..........not sure yet to accept though. With everything going on in this Country at the moment and they pick on little old me for 5mph......

Mr Spain

The Mrs got a ticket last weekend. In Thames Valley they offer the course for a 30 mph limit from 33mph - 42mph. You should be ok for a course, which according to another of the old geezers who were naughty Recently can be done on line

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:20 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Halfway Old Geezer wrote:
ex spain wrote:
Eddy wrote:

Mr Spain

The Mrs got a ticket last weekend. In Thames Valley they offer the course for a 30 mph limit from 33mph - 42mph. You should be ok for a course, which according to another of the old geezers who were naughty Recently can be done on line

I'm sorry HOG. But as much as I like you and enjoy your intelligent posts. I will be honest and say I don't the old Bill , in particular the Black Rats who would nick there own Mum for going into an empty bus lane. BTW hope you and family all well.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:16 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

My question to HOG:

What is the highest break that you or one of your colleagues has achieved in the alleged game of 'pull over snooker'?

(For the uninitiated this is a game that traffic cops allegedly play whereby they, allegedly, stop a red vehicle (1 point) followed (preferably and allegedly) by a black vehicle (7 points) then do their best to repeat this 15 times. If pulling a black vehicle is not possible, other coloured vehicles are scored as follows: yellow - 2 points; green - 3 points; brown - 4 points; blue - 5 points and pink - 6 points; however, a red car must separate each other coloured vehicle on 15 occasions. Once 15 red vehicles and other coloured vehicles are stopped, the traffic cops then attempt to complete their break by pulling vehicles in the following order: yellow, green, brown, blue, pink and (once again) black).

The highest possible break is 147 points and I wonder how close a traffic cop has come to this.

This is one of the reasons why white and grey/silver vehicles are so popular.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 10:23 pm 
First Team

Mr Reasonable wrote:
the_president wrote:
Mr Heinstein wrote:

That doesn't surprise me.

You're more one to post pictures that are around 20 times the size of the screen rendering them pointless to the receiver.

I must admit that the size of some of the photos was not ideal. When I posted them to Facebook on the fans page, they were automatically downsized to a more viewable size. This site, unfortunately does not do that. My attitude though, was that something was better then nothing and there were people who appreciated the photos and made positive comments. At the end of the day, there was no one else taking photos and making the effort/finding the time to post them.