The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:09 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:32 am 
Reserve Team

I'm no expert on the ground gradings so more curiosity than anything...

Read that to go into NLS a ground needs a minimum capacity of 3,000 but the local council has restricted us to 1,900? Does anyone know if this is correct? If so, is there a chance the club could struggle with the ground grading IF we get promoted?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:15 pm 
First Team

Also no expert...

It does seem that a Grade B ground is required see here and that Grade B requires a capacity of 3,000, from here.

However, I suspect the rules applied to calculate ground capacity by the FA may well be different to those applied by Hillingdon Council. I would hope a "competent person" would view the ground as having a capacity of at least 3,000 spectators, even if the Council have reasons to impose a lower limit.

Maybe someone with more knowledge will be along to enlighten us...

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:50 am 
Youth Team

Yes, would be good if someone from the club could confirm.

If we don't have the correct grading then Monday's big game seems a little pointless!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:16 am 
Reserve Team

No issue with ground grading - we have a C grade, and if promoted we have to gain B grading by 31st March…

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:08 pm 
Youth Team

Thanks for confirming, Andy

Thought we might be ground-sharing with Woking again!
:) :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:17 pm 
First Team

Andy wrote:
No issue with ground grading - we have a C grade, and if promoted we have to gain B grading by 31st March…

Is that 31st March next year? Just Curious.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2022 11:15 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Hope it’s not this Year!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:11 am 
Reserve Team

Why would it be 31st March of this year? Otherwise clubs who were all in the running for promotion would all have to do potentially unnecessary work on their grounds just in case.

You have until 31st March of the season you are promoted (i.e. in our case, if we go up, by 31/03/2023 to get the required ground grading.

The works are very very minor; and should we be promoted, they can be done in a matter of days. There is no major infrastructure needed, although we all agree that the long awaited bar and changing rooms are badly needed in any case, even though they are not required for the grading to Grade B!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:29 am 
First Team

Andy wrote:
Why would it be 31st March of this year? Otherwise clubs who were all in the running for promotion would all have to do potentially unnecessary work on their grounds just in case.

You have until 31st March of the season you are promoted (i.e. in our case, if we go up, by 31/03/2023 to get the required ground grading.

The works are very very minor; and should we be promoted, they can be done in a matter of days. There is no major infrastructure needed, although we all agree that the long awaited bar and changing rooms are badly needed in any case, even though they are not required for the grading to Grade B!

Full marks to those who noticed it was a tongue in cheek response based on the lack of communication supporters have been used to.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:53 am 
Delroy (Legend)

Heh heh, Ray!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2022 9:15 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Is there any possibility that the bar will be completed by November 2022?

My rationale:

The World Cup starts 21 November 22.

There will be occasions when a Hayes home game will occur on the same day as World Cup ties.

It may be stating the bleeding obvious, but if a suitably equipped clubhouse existed, those attending Hayes home games would have the opportunity of watching World Cup ties either before or after the Hayes match.

One presumes this would generate funds for the club through bar/catering sales.

Just a suggestion.

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2022 9:44 am 
Delroy (Legend)

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Is there any possibility that the bar will be completed by November 2022?

My rationale:

The World Cup starts 21 November 22.

There will be occasions when a Hayes home game will occur on the same day as World Cup ties.

It may be stating the bleeding obvious, but if a suitably equipped clubhouse existed, those attending Hayes home games would have the opportunity of watching World Cup ties either before or after the Hayes match.

One presumes this would generate funds for the club through bar/catering sales.

Just a suggestion.

A great suggestion Mr R perhaps you should change your name to Mr Sensible. Knowing the boards past record it will be noted and ignored without any explanation.

I am still waiting for replies to the questions I put to the board at ask the board this season. They promised replies within a week. If I remember correctly a fan was also joining the board as an informal member to put forward fans queries. He got back to me and stated a response would be forth coming. So far nothing.

No doubt there will be another Q and A session at the start of the season I will try again

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2022 11:49 pm 
First Team

I’m not here to defend the board, but would any major investment in a bar do anything but saddle the club with yet more debt?

Yes, it would bring in more money on match days. Yes, events like the World Cup are a great chance to increase revenue. But, the costs…

Fitting out the bar, then running it wouldn't be cheap - would it turn a profit over a year? Only if you can get significant trade outside of match days I’d have thought.

A bar in an area where pubs have shut left right and centre and with most fans living out of the area won’t cut it. Maybe some hybrid setup which can offer mostly food but convert to more of a bar-like venue for match days could work. There’s lots of retail trade at the end of Springfield Road - can you pull those people down to Beaconsfield Road for a bite to eat and a drink?

It wouldn’t be easy, neither would it be impossible to make it successful. However, we’re fundamentally a football club, not a hospitality venue. Maybe leasing out the space to someone with the right skills and drive could get things moving.

Reality is it’s almost six years since our first match at the new stadium and we don’t have a tea hut yet. Tea huts are much easier than bars.
Sadly, I doubt there will be a bar for the World Cup.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 6:44 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Agree with the above a bar is a real expense which will not get much use. I thought originally the ground was going to include hospitality and conference facilities.

I have been banging on about a tea bar for years easy money for the club. That was one one of my questions to the board which I am still waiting for a reply to 9 months later.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2022 9:54 pm 
Apprentice

The club could at least make a nice beer garden, a comfortable seating area outside the temporary bar with some chairs and tables, somewhere for friends and family to relax before and after the match. Maybe arrange some more interesting types of food and drinks vans, it's a big industry now, serving all kinds of different options. The club needs people to stay longer and spend more money. Food and drink vans are a quick and cheap fix. It may not work in the winter months, but during the warmer weather it could bring in money.