The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:56 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:33 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

With another lock down happening this Thursday articles in the papers suggest that we will no longer be able to play for four weeks. We are too low in the pyramid to be considered as elite ( surprised to see 1st, 2nd division National Premier, North and South are considered elite ).

This will almost certainly mean our FA Cup game next weekend will be off due to our lowly league status. Also more worrying the FA may have to make a decision whether to allow us to continue in the competition, if the lockdown continues.

This will rob the club of much needed funds of a televised game, and also the real chance of causing an upset.

Who knows what the FA will do but I think the club should be worried. The FA cup is all about money and there is no way the premier league will allow an already congested fixture list get bogged down and games delayed. So we could see the FA give Carlisle and other so called elite teams byes just to keep the fixtures on schedule.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:46 pm 
First Team

My guess is that we would be allowed to compete in the FA Cup but the league and FA Trophy would be suspended for the duration of the lockdown. That seems the most sensible decision in the circumstances, so it almost certainly won't be the one made. :roll:

The first round is right at the start of lockdown and second round close to the scheduled end. That would leave any non-elite teams in the second round with three weeks without a match between rounds, which would be difficult. Presumably impacted teams would be allowed to train together during this time.

We shall see...

:footy2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:18 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

In my opinion the FA Cup should go ahead as planned. The fixtures were due to be behind closed doors anyway and involves 'elite' clubs. But it is impossible to predict anything during these strange times. I doubt we'd be able to complete our league season with a long winter ahead. But who knows!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:12 pm 
First Team

No because all that life is about now is Covid-19 that's all that matters nothing else is important anymore :banghead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:46 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Who knows what will happen football wise at the lower echelons of the game's structure.

What we do know is that a lock down will affect those who are used to having their days occupied by work.

What would be helpful if is those who may not have been occupied by work for the last 10 years or so could offer tips to other forum users on how to fill their days.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 1:14 pm 
First Team

Taken from a tweet by The Non-League Paper:

FA confirm all FA Cup first round proper games will go ahead this weekend. All ties behind closed doors

"The UK Government has confirmed that the 10 non-elite clubs that remain in the competition will be able to play their matches under elite protocols..."

https://twitter.com/NonLeaguePaper/status/1323243074823348224

Link to the FA's statement here: here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:17 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Mr Reasonable wrote:
Who knows what will happen football wise at the lower echelons of the game's structure.

What we do know is that a lock down will affect those who are used to having their days occupied by work.

What would be helpful if is those who may not have been occupied by work for the last 10 years or so could offer tips to other forum users on how to fill their days.

I fill my days, assisting my wife with our disabled son.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:39 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

janet wrote:
Mr Reasonable wrote:

I fill my days, assisting my wife with our disabled son.

So sorry your days are not occupied with fun and jollity.

While this will not be of any comfort, a work colleague also has care commitments with regards to his disabled child.

He used to take days off work to attend cricket matches and play golf but all of that has come to an end and all of his free time is now taken up helping out his wife.