The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:12 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: FA CUP v Carlisle
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:14 am 
First Team

Nothing about yesterdays game v Carlisle on the forum......I think everyone is still in shock that we are out of the cup. What a fantastic performance from the team! Very proud of the whole lot of them. The BBC coverage was bad with Temporary Fault appearing quite a few times and the Bias commentary BUT it was great to get some coverage none the less.

Well done Hayes & Yeading :clap: SO CLOSE!

Post subject: Re: FA CUP v Carlisle
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:01 am 
Reserve Team

Gutted that we couldn’t hold on. A truly brilliant performance from the players, management and those in the background that made it happen. We matched a professional outfit for 118 minutes and showed the nation we are a fantastic team.
Well done all. A special mention should go to Kelly Matthews and Tim Fuell who between them got the stadium looking fantastic and fully deserved all the compliments that came from Carlisle and the media.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:27 am 
Delroy (Legend)

Football is cruel!
Echo everything Dingman says, with everything going on in Kelly’s Life at the moment to put the shifts in she has speaks volumes about the Family. Tim, I imagine has gone off for a long sleep, exhausted but proud!
I know to be there was a privilege and a pleasure and hard work but I think we all did a good job under very difficult circumstances, a great shame more could not have witnessed it. I would also like to thank Tony and Dev for supplying the Chuck Wagon and covering its cost, not sure they knew they were going to before arriving at the ground though but I’m sure I speak for all of us with a great big Thank You, much appreciated.
Roll on December and hope we can get Promotion, after that performance this Team deserves at least that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:20 am 
First Team

Still feeling gutted this morning but so, so proud of the boys and the performance they put in yesterday and not to forget playing National Leaguers Wealdstone off their own park to get through to yesterdays big game as well.

To Paul and his management team and skipper Liam and the playing squad, a massive thank you for keeping us all sane in these troubled times, once we get the go ahead to continue let's keep this sort of performance and attitude going into the league campaign and make a push to "become an elite team" by getting promoted to the National South.

Echo the previous as well, a massive thank you to Kelly especially for everything she's been doing around the club in recent weeks.

Off to finally assess the build thus far of the updated website that certain people keep "hinting" about, the delay is down to my being too busy to look at the draft build but with lockdown now underway I will hopefully have time to look and comment back so that the developer can progress towards launch.

Kev

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:21 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Really disappointed with the result just run out of steam. Hayes were out on their feet after 60 mins and to more than match Carlisle for 120 minutes and running on empty for the last 60 minutes was a massive feat.

The coverage was ok but I am glad it was free, including the most biased commentary team ever, why didn’t the BBC try and find someone from Hayes to even it out. I was expecting it to crash during the penalty shoot out, it was bad enough it crashed when hayes seemed to create something and to miss their first goal was disappointing. We could only hear the commentary which seemed to suggest that hayes were slowly buckling under intenser pressure.

Having read one comment from their knobhead supporters about Hayes I hope they are eating their words and are on their hands and knees praying to the god that managed to drag them into the next round.

Back to the league now which will be really difficult now after an enforced break and this huge disappointment. Hopefully the money raised from this cup run can be put to good use and improve the facilities.

Well done great performance which deserved more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:44 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Not much to add to what has been said by others.

Well done to all from Hayes FC who were involved in yesterday's impressive performance :clap . Everyone; the management and team, as well as the officials and volunteers deserve a pat on the back for their efforts :clap .

Less praise to the jolly, old BBC :ref2 . As well as the numerous losses of picture and the constant freezing of the images (when they could be arsed to present us with footage) we had to put up with a biased commentary :ref2 :ref1 . I am fully aware that Dave and Si were from BBC Cumbria; however, these two imbeciles should have been advised that they were reporting to the nation as a whole and not just Carlisle - after all Auntie is forever portraying itself as an impartial (albeit left wing) broadcaster and I expect better for my licence fee.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:36 pm 
First Team

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:33 pm 
Youth Team

They've really clamped down on accessing BBC from abroad with a VPN connection lately, but managed to watch the live stream (when it wasn't hanging or crashing completely) thanks to a mate in Chester who had it running and then shared his screen on Zoom. Where there's a will, there's a way...

What a performance from all concerned, and what a crushing way to have the win snatched away right at the death. Before the match, I had felt we would give a good account of ourselves but the way the team played exceed all expectations, they should be proud of themselves despite the final result. Let's hope that the team will be able to get back together and take this form into the restarted league programme, whenever that may be.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:37 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

A fantastic team performance and thought the manager and coaching staff got the tactics spot on. The fans/volunteers present, must of had an emotional rollercoaster. A packet stadium and janet leading the choir would have acted as the twelfth man and got the boys through to the next round. Thought the commentary from the chaps from the BBC were actually very good and of course a little biased. Once the live feed got sorted it was good, but always felt it would freeze at any moment
All in all bloody unlucky.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:37 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

I would expect the same for us if Hayes FM or London radio were involved. But from the stuff I heard (I had Final Score on as well), they seemed fair enough to me. I believe we were the only game that had poor coverage in terms of the picture cutting out, so I don't think all the fault is with the BBC. Anyhow, everyone must be gutted after that. I thought we had the game won at 2-0 with a few minutes left. A great effort by all and was good to see the club in the 1st round of the cup... again!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:18 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

[quote="rushindi"]I would expect the same for us if Hayes FM.../quote]
If it was Hayes FM, I would struggle to understand the comments.

Innit?