The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Ground visit today...
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:14 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Wifey drove me down to the Ground this morning! Very impressed with what's going on there...Met some DODGY GUY'S & GIRL'S TOO!!

:footy1 :footy2 :mush3 :mush3 :mush3

'Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity'...

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2021 1:36 pm 
Youth Team

Flatterer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 11:06 pm 
First Team

Always good to hear of ground improvements but can anyone enlighten those of us that are infirm and unable to get to the stadium what these may entail?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:06 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Ray…..in a couple of words………not a lot.
I’m sure behind the scenes lots of planning and such like is happening. I was told that there is a smallish Stand going behind one goal, another Porta cabin housing Toilets, one for disabled is also happening. The rental on the Disabled toilet makes this a financial no brainier. I’m afraid nothing is going on inside the new Stand, I’m being told it’s all to do with the a grants that have been applied for and are awaiting the go ahead. When…..we get these I’m sure the dust will be flying! I have no news on any Bar facilities for the start of the Season, don’t’ know if the small room we were using will be open. What is that well know phrase………banging your head against a brick wall, anyhow I’ll see who is in attendance this evening and try and get some answers, just hope if I get any, they will not have to kill me……

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:44 pm 
Youth Team

ex spain wrote:
I’m sure behind the scenes lots of planning and such like is happening. I was told that there is a smallish Stand going behind one goal, another Porta cabin housing Toilets, one for disabled is also happening. The rental on the Disabled toilet makes this a financial no brainier. I’m afraid nothing is going on inside the new Stand, I’m being told it’s all to do with the a grants that have been applied for and are awaiting the go ahead. When…..we get these I’m sure the dust will be flying! I have no news on any Bar facilities for the start of the Season, don’t’ know if the small room we were using will be open. What is that well know phrase………banging your head against a brick wall, anyhow I’ll see who is in attendance this evening and try and get some answers, just hope if I get any, they will not have to kill me……

It’s very difficult to stay positive when we’ve heard all these things a million times before.
It seems like we’ve been “waiting for grant approvals” since we moved into the ground. That excuse is becoming tiresome. I’m sure the next excuse will be that the plans have had to be put on hold due to the covid pandemic.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 3:40 pm 
Apprentice

ex spain wrote:

This feels like a 5+ year echo!!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:15 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Stesham1 wrote:
ex spain wrote:

This feels like a 5+ year echo!!

Agree...add in all those years of Ground Sharing 7 seasons (TOTAL WASTE of MONEY).

What has happened to the Prize Monies which were won over the years too.

Noticed that Filming has finished on Ted Lasso all has been restored on the Stand & inside! Worth a watch VERY FUNNY...

Water main has been put in but NO PLUMBERS to connect it to changing rooms or toilets...

:con2 :con3 :mush3 :mush3 :mush3

'Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity'...

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:39 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

jobber wrote:
...Water main has been put in but NO PLUMBERS to connect it to changing rooms or toilets...
:con2 :con3 :mush3 :mush3 :mush3

There's a man in Syria, wearing a white dress, sobbing at this moment.

Surely there is someone within our dwindling ranks who is capable of wielding a spanner and connecting a few pipes?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:02 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

I will only be posting positive stuff this year. Just be grateful that Hayes have one of the best playing surfaces in the UK. The fact you can get a warm beer and are able to empty your bladder in a chemical portaloo should be of no importance.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:00 am 
Delroy (Legend)

unit wrote:
I will only be posting positive stuff this year. Just be grateful that Hayes have one of the best playing surfaces in the UK. The fact you can get a warm beer and are able to empty your bladder in a chemical portaloo should be of no importance.

So pleased your still looking in & being positive!

:footy1 :footy2 :mush3 :mush3 :mush3

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:23 am 
Delroy (Legend)

unit wrote:

Welcome back to the “old” positive Unit! Hope to see you at a Home Game this Season………..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:52 am 
Delroy (Legend)

thank you sir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 11:48 am 
Delroy (Legend)

Ted Lasso season 2 can BEE watched from this Friday on Apple TV...enjoy. :footy4

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:55 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Just heard the council carried out an inspection and the electrics in the turnstiles are not up to scratch. They need to be unplugged another expense. Don’t agree with the friendlies being played on the Plastic pitch. The main pitch should be used and some much needed revenue collected. Let’s face it the pitch has not hardly been used in the last 18 months and should be able to cope.

What I find more concerning is what I learnt at Thame. I was told that some of our most loyal supporters will not be attending any home matches this season or in one case not watching Hayes again. I was told the reason and suspect there will be others who will do the same. All I can say there will not be much of a choir apparently from now on.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 2:44 pm 
Apprentice

Halfway Old Geezer wrote:
What I find more concerning is what I learnt at Thame. I was told that some of our most loyal supporters will not be attending any home matches this season or in one case not watching Hayes again. I was told the reason and suspect there will be others who will do the same. All I can say there will not be much of a choir apparently from now on.

Seriously?? Why? Hearing them on the match highlights from FCVideo gave me hope that vocal people would still go. Why ain't any of them coming on here to tell us this?