The HandY Forum

An independant Forum for Hayes & Yeading Utd & all things Football.
It is currently Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:40 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:40 pm 
First Team

It’s easy to understand why some supporters are getting disillusioned with the club. The little communication that trickles down to them is partly hearsay and rarely from an official source. They deserve better.
Those who run the club haven’t the easiest job but they should take a hard look at themselves and ask if, by keeping their heads below the parapet, are they doing right for the fans?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:18 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Here’s my two Penneth…..
I have been told by a VERY good source that one Fan was so upset at not being allowed to watch the two behind closed door FA Cup Games he has purchased a Season Ticket for Maidenhead United. Mentioning no names but…….it looks like we may not have a large Flag next Season.

The other Fan again I believe, has purchased a Season Ticket For Wycombe Wanderers, a lovely part of the World, obviously but not for me. He has been unhappy with the way has been run for many years seems his reason.

I have to agree with Ray, we really struggle finding out any news, on a Wednesday Tim Fuell is often there, but with the best will in the world, I don’t know how much he knows and how much he has been told not to divulge. The latest “rumours” from last Wednesday, the New Stand behind the far Goal is on the agenda and should be in place…………”soon”. The Inside Bar is also a priority and again, should be up and running……soon.
I wish I could give better News, Dates and more info but I’m not in the loop as some Fans think I am, in that well know saying. I know Nothing!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:50 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

The BIG FLAG was purchased by Bill Perryman if I remember & should Fulham Football Club returned to the Club so someone else can take it around both Home & Away grounds.

:footy1 :footy2 :mush3 :mush3 :mush3 :Fishing

'Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity'...

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:44 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

jobber wrote:
The BIG FLAG was purchased by Bill Perryman if I remember & should Fulham Football Club returned to the Club so someone else can take it around both Home & Away grounds.

:footy1 :footy2 :mush3 :mush3 :mush3 :Fishing

Thank you Jobber for volunteering to bring it to every Game, I’m sure it will be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:26 pm 
First Team

Hayes and Yeading Boys,
Making a bit less noise,
Everywhere they go.

Sorry we've lost two of our hardiest fans. Not the first and probably not the last time those who commit heavily to the club ultimately feel let down by it. Hope they enjoy their football at their new clubs.

As for lack of communication from the club, it's annoying but will probably always be that way. Maybe those at the top have enough on their plate in and outside the club and just don't want the hassle of having the workings of the club open to criticism from all and sundry.

Great to see Hassan J back. If he can give us half a season of brilliance then get snapped up by a bigger club I'll settle for that. Rico Greco too, he seemed to grow into the team each time he played last season, which admittedly wasn't that much, great potential.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:38 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Is Idol now the "Ace Face" on the terrace

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:11 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Evening all, long time no see/post

Very saddened to hear two of the most ardent fans have decided to watch their football elsewhere.

Fans feel like they are being treated more like consumers is the cry in the premier league. Non league is the part of football you should still feel like a valued fan first and foremost. Unfortunately if you go back even on this version of the forum the recurring theme is frustration and a feeling of being an nuisance for expecting news and information from the club. There always seems to be something hampering this happening. I hope there’s an effort to try and re-engage the fans remaining at some point soon.

It will be nice to see some of you at some point next season. Perhaps even those who have moved allegiances elsewhere if the circumstances are right and their new teams are playing away!

FM

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:40 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

A very good post Mr Farnborough, hope you are well mate. Unfortunately if you have any issues with the club, especially on this forum. You immediately get shot down in flames by a few fans on here, who believe everything is wonderful. The club should be seriously worried when two of the most loyal fans go. I think the club need to get in touch ASAP with the Ayes boys and get them back on the terraces. Do not let them go

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:44 am 
Delroy (Legend)

We don’t need a stand behind the goal. It is a total unnecessary expense which will not bring in one extra penny in revenue. If it starts raining the fans can come and sit in the white elephant/ building site. I having been banging on for quite sometime now about having a burger/ tea hut. This will bring in much needed revenue every game guaranteed.
There was two games I wanted to see last season Wealdstone and Carlisle. Due to COVID the Carlisle was a no no. However the Wealdstone game took place outside those restrictions and we were prevented watching the game due to Wealdstone being subjected to restrictions.
I have been coming to Hayes for over 25 years. There was nothing communicated to the fans then and that has not changed during all that time. The best way to find something out is to speak with TOD yourself I have always found him approachable.
I suspect the club has really suffered during the last two seasons and there is bugger all money around. Hayes have stood still and there has been little progress on the pitch due to being shut for the best part of 18 months. I understand providing a disabled khaki is probably a legal requirement but a stand is a complete waste of money.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:11 am 
Delroy (Legend)

HOG :goodpost

As regards grants to complete the work in the Stand... how do Hanwell Town FC get them to refurbish their pitch & Club House? We need to get more active & pursue these or tap them up to find out how they do it!

'Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance & conscientious stupidity'...

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:02 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

They have a club house and tea hut making money. Also I think that bloody great electronic advertising board brings in revenue. I can’t remember is it visible to the A40.

I was discussing with another the ground the other night with another long time fan . We both agreed that that the ground is at the arse end of nowhere, and never will attract many fans. The local fan base is really not interested in football and the is no transport links

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:22 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

unit wrote:
A very good post Mr Farnborough, hope you are well mate. Unfortunately if you have any issues with the club, especially on this forum. You immediately get shot down in flames by a few fans on here, who believe everything is wonderful. The club should be seriously worried when two of the most loyal fans go. I think the club need to get in touch ASAP with the Ayes boys and get them back on the terraces. Do not let them go

Hello Unit, I’m well. Hope you are well and keeping chipper yourself?

You would like to think there would be some approach from the club to the two fans in question to try and address their issues.

HOG makes some very good points about the need for a stand against the need for some revenue raising streams. Seems very odd. Last October when the advice was to stay local I walked down to watch Farnborough with my son and some friends, enjoyed the clubhouse and some food before watching the game then the 17:30pm game in the clubhouse after. I absolutely loved it and got the bug back, I shall be returning there for the first game of the season. H&Y desperately need that option as not only does it create revenue it also creates a sense of fandom to the club. The church road clubhouse was a great little place for that.
The last year has been challenging at all levels of football up to the PL, there’s no magic wand to make right everything that needs fixing on the ground but there is surely a set of priorities that should guide whatever money is there as to where it’s spent. Perhaps revenue from the 4g pitch has negated the need to provide the basic facilities most spectators would want when attending non league football?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:45 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Halfway Old Geezer wrote:
We don’t need a stand behind the goal. It is a total unnecessary expense which will not bring in one extra penny in revenue. If it starts raining the fans can come and sit in the white elephant/ building site. I having been banging on for quite sometime now about having a burger/ tea hut. This will bring in much needed revenue every game guaranteed.
There was two games I wanted to see last season Wealdstone and Carlisle. Due to COVID the Carlisle was a no no. However the Wealdstone game took place outside those restrictions and we were prevented watching the game due to Wealdstone being subjected to restrictions.
I have been coming to Hayes for over 25 years. There was nothing communicated to the fans then and that has not changed during all that time. The best way to find something out is to speak with TOD yourself I have always found him approachable.
I suspect the club has really suffered during the last two seasons and there is bugger all money around. Hayes have stood still and there has been little progress on the pitch due to being shut for the best part of 18 months. I understand providing a disabled khaki is probably a legal requirement but a stand is a complete waste of money.

How is a club going to progress without another terraced stand? You require a stand to compete in any leagues above this level. It seems people are content with staying at the level we are.

A tea bar/club bar and stand are needed as much as each other.. but fans patience have now hit an all time low and are starting to give up. The management are doing a superb job on the pitch but off it, we are far away from being matched.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:23 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

Another good post on this thread by idol...

Can someone set up a Poll on who should be the next main Choir Leader...I don't have a clue on how to do it...just a bit of fun!

:footy1 :footy2 :footy3

Dr. M. L. King.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:45 pm 
Delroy (Legend)

ex spain wrote:
Here’s my two Penneth…..
I have been told by a VERY good source that one Fan was so upset at not being allowed to watch the two behind closed door FA Cup Games he has purchased a Season Ticket for Maidenhead United. Mentioning no names but…….it looks like we may not have a large Flag next Season.

The other Fan again I believe, has purchased a Season Ticket For Wycombe Wanderers, a lovely part of the World, obviously but not for me. He has been unhappy with the way has been run for many years seems his reason.

I have to agree with Ray, we really struggle finding out any news, on a Wednesday Tim Fuell is often there, but with the best will in the world, I don’t know how much he knows and how much he has been told not to divulge. The latest “rumours” from last Wednesday, the New Stand behind the far Goal is on the agenda and should be in place…………”soon”. The Inside Bar is also a priority and again, should be up and running……soon.
I wish I could give better News, Dates and more info but I’m not in the loop as some Fans think I am, in that well know saying. I know Nothing!

Interesting.

I'm guessing that one of the two supporters that you are talking about is called Mick? aka Janet? I'm in shock right now if it is him? :shock: I never thought he would walk away from the club if of course it is him that you are talking about?

Last edited by sweedon on Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next